Launch of AURELIUS Finance Company
AURELIUS Finance is a newly incorporated alternative lender, providing debt solutions to UK and European companies who are unable to access the mainstream banking market for their capital requirements.
AURELIUS Finance brings a differentiated offering:
- A supportive relationship lender who understands growth, turnaround and special situations;
- Asset focussed approach across a number of European jurisdictions, all asset classes and sectors;
- Certainty of execution and ability to deploy capital fast with a quick decision-making process;
- Flexibility to fund across the capital structure from senior, second lien and unitranche;
- Tailored bespoke structures to meet the requirements of each situation; and
- A partnership based approach built on relationships
Karun Dhir will lead the business, who joins with over 15 years of direct lending, transaction and restructuring experience. He has previously held roles at Goldman Sachs, E&Y and Lloyds Banking Group, and is a qualified Chartered Accountant and graduate of Warwick Business School.
He is joined by Martyn Cryer, with over 13 years of asset based lending and special situations experience built up at Burdale, GE Capital and Gordon Brothers, who has joined as an Investment Director to execute new business and will ultimately be responsible for underwriting and managing the portfolio. Martyn qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Grant Thornton and is a Master of Physics from Loughborough University.
Karun Dhir, Managing Director, says: “I am honoured to lead AURELIUS Finance during this exciting phase of growth. With the addition of Martyn, we are building a high calibre team who understand the capital challenges faced by many companies across the continent and will be focussed on delivering structured solutions to complex situations. We look forward to working with you in the future.”