AURELIUS Refugee Initiative e.V. supports “Plant-a-Talent”
- Non-profit organisation places refugees in vacant jobs
- Work as a key element for integration
- More than 125 candidates already placed successfully
Munich, December 2017 – AURELIUS Refugee Initiative e.V. will support Munich-based Plant-a-Talent gGmbH with an initial donation of EUR 25,000. Plant-a-Talent (http://plant-a-talent.org) is a non-profit organisation that gives refugees access to the employment market in Munich and – depending on the requirements profile – places them with suitable companies that have vacant positions. Plant-a-Talent has a pool of approximately 430 highly motivated and qualified job candidates in Munich. The company was already able to fill more than 125 job vacancies successfully.
Plant-a-Talent provides free, tailored support to refugees looking for work. Personal mentors help candidates to prepare a CV and provide workshops on culture, applying for a job and using a computer. The applicants are then put in contact with companies in Munich and the surrounding areas that are looking for employees.
Plant-a-Talent also has advantages for employers:
· Each candidate is personally vetted and prepared for the job
· Every vacancy is filled with a hand-picked candidate
· Effective programmes and workshops are provided to the refugees
· Continuous support is given to personnel managers and HR departments
· Mentor programmes are available prior to hiring and for up to six months after hiring
· No language barriers due to the immigrant background of the PaT staff
· The job placement service is free of charge
Plant-a-Talent (PaT) is a non-profit company based in Munich and a job placement company that places refugees aged between 18 and 35 in vacant jobs in Munich. The company was founded as Social Impact Recruiting (SIR) in November 2015. PaT considers employment as a key factor in integration in Germany, as paid work gives refugees more independence and at the same time allows them to participate in society and make a contribution. Plant-a-Talent is currently funded entirely through donations and sponsors. The two managing partners Dinese Hannewald and Jin-Ju Jahns are themselves donors to the company.
AURELIUS Refugee Initiative e.V.
Employees and the Executive Board of AURELIUS Holding established the charitable association “AURELIUS Refugee Initiative e.V.” at the end of 2015. The association is financed by donations from employees and the Executive Board of AURELIUS. The aim of the association is to sponsor various aid projects that provide humanitarian aid and financial support to refugees on their path to a safer life.